What songs do you want to hear while in an MRI?
Something that people must deal with when they are on their brain tumour journey is MRI scans. If you have had an MRI scan yourself, you will know it sounds a bit like you are sitting nearby a construction site. For some people, it is no problem and no big deal, but to others, it can be very unsettling and unnerving.
I had my first MRI Scan in 2008, and it was never my favourite part of the journey as I’m not great in confined spaces. To make things a bit easier for me, I asked my radiologist to play music through the headphones they give you, and more times than not, they were able to do this.
Here are 17 Songs You Don't Expect To Hear In Your MRI
The Alternative CD for MRI Scans
- Good Vibrations – Beach Boys
- I still haven't found what I'm looking for – U2
- Noise Annoys – The Buzzcocks
- Dizzy – Tommy James
- I can’t get you outta my head – Kylie Minogue
- Always On My Mind – Elvis Presley
- Crash course in brain surgery – Metallica
- Map of your HEAD! – Muse
- Stuck On You – Lionel Richie
- Insane in the brain – Cypress hill
- Hello is it me you looking for – Lionel Richie
- Bad Brain – the Ramones
- Shake, rattle and roll – Big Joe Turner
- Born this way- Lady Gaga
- Call the doctor- Peter Andre
- Oops upside your head – The Gap Band
- Getting Mighty Crowded – Elvis Costello
What songs would you add to this list of songs you don't expect to hear in your MRI?
What is #BrainTumourThursday?
People from around the world sharing brain tumour facts statistics and stories all day long.
To try and spread awareness and talk about where there is support available in different places online. (#BrainTumorThursday)